2 Timothy 3; 1-9 But you need to be aware that in the final days the culture of society will become extremely fierce and difficult for the people of God. People will be self-centered lovers of themselves and obsessed with money. They will boast of great things as they strut around in their arrogant pride and mock all that is right. They will ignore their own families. They will be ungrateful and ungodly.
They will become addicted to hateful and malicious slander. Slaves to their desires, they will be ferocious, belligerent haters of what is good and right. With brutal treachery, they will act without restraint, bigoted and wrapped in clouds of their conceit. They will find their delight in the pleasures of this world more than the pleasures of the loving God.
They may pretend to have a respect for God, but in reality they want nothing to do with God’s power. Stay away from people like these! For they are the ones who worm their way into the hearts of vulnerable women, spending the night with those who are captured by their lusts and steeped in sin. They are always learning but never discover the revelation-knowledge of truth.
- Luk 14:16 Then He said to him, “A certain man gave a great supper and invited many,
- Luk 14:17 and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’
- Luk 14:18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’
- Luk 14:19 And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.’
- Luk 14:20 Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’
- Luk 14:21 So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’
- Luk 14:22 And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’
- Luk 14:23 Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
- Luk 14:24 For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.’ ”
CALLING= an invitation
- 2 Timothy 1:9-10 He gave us resurrection life and drew us to himself by his holy calling on our lives. And it wasn’t because of any good we have done, but by his divine pleasure and marvelous grace that confirmed our union with the anointed Jesus, even before time began! This truth is now being unveiled by the revelation of the anointed Jesus, our life-giver, who has dismantled death, obliterating all its effects on our lives, and has manifested his immortal life in us by the gospel.
- Acts 20:22 And now I am being compelled by the Holy Spirit to go to Jerusalem, without really knowing what will happen to me there. Yet I know that the Holy Spirit warns me in town after town, saying, ‘Chains and afflictions are prepared for you.’
“But whether I live or die is not important, for I don’t esteem my life as indispensable. It’s more important for me to fulfill my destiny and to finish the ministry my Lord Jesus has assigned to me, which is to faithfully preach the wonderful news of God’s grace.
- 1Co 1:26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
- 1Co 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
- 1Co 1:28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
- 1Co 1:29 that no flesh should glory in His presence
- Eph 4:1 I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called,
- Eph 4:2 with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,
- Eph 4:3 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Eph 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
- Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
- Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all